When you think of the phrase free Christmas gifts do you get excited? I know I do! If you have kids, or if you’re just an all-around fan of free Christmas gifts, then this list of 35 great ideas for free Christmas gifts for kids will get your imagination going and might just help you find some great gift ideas that won’t break the bank.
So whether your kids are toddlers or teenagers, these Christmas gift ideas are sure to please any kid on your list this year!
Christmas presents can get expensive! If you’re looking to give out gifts this holiday, but don’t want to break the bank, look no further. With these ten great ideas, your friends and family will be so thrilled with what they receive, they won’t even realize they got something free!
From gift cards and picture frames to planners and teddy bears, these are some great options that your family and friends are sure to love! Many people applied for getting free gas cards here to just run up their monthly cost of gas.
If you have children, Christmas can be an expensive time of year. From buying presents to buying extra food to decorate the house and buy decorations, gifts and supplies can really add up!
However, there are also lots of ideas out there that will allow you to provide your kids with great gifts without spending much money at all! Check out these 35 ideas for free Christmas gifts for kids!
10 Ways To Get Free Christmas Gifts For Kids
Check Websites Like Freecycle And Craigslist
Christmas is the perfect time to show the special kids in your life that you care, but sometimes it can be difficult to come up with gifts that are both fun and affordable. Fortunately, there are several great ways to find free Christmas gifts for kids!
Websites like Freecycle and Craigslist are great places to start when it comes to finding free items that would make great Christmas presents for kids.
Both sites allow users to list items they no longer want or need and offer them for free. You might be surprised at how many great items you can find! From toys to clothing, it’s definitely worth taking a look at.
Check Also: How to find free toys for Christmas?
Freecycle is an online community of people who give away and receive items for free, while Craigslist is an online classified site where people can post items for sale or giveaway. Both sites are completely free to use, and you never know what kind of great items you’ll find!
Another option is to check with your local church or charity organization. Many of these groups offer free Christmas presents for children in need. This is a great way to spread some holiday cheer while also helping others.
No matter what your budget is this Christmas, there are plenty of ways to find free gifts for the special kids in your life. With a little bit of research and creativity, you’re sure to find the perfect gift that will bring a smile to their faces!
Ask Family And Friends If They Have Any Unused Toys
As the Christmas season approaches, parents everywhere are scrambling to find the perfect gifts for their kids. However, Christmas doesn’t have to be expensive!
One great idea is to ask family and friends if they have any unused toys that your children can have. There may be something tucked away in a corner of a relative’s house that was once used by their own children and would be perfect for yours.
Toys from other children could also be a fun surprise for your kids, as it would be something special that was previously owned by another child. Not only will this make for a fun Christmas surprise, but it will also help you save some money in the process.
Must Check With Lates Updates: You can also apply for Free Christmas gifts for low income families.
Shop At Second Hand Stores
Shopping at second-hand stores for Christmas gifts for kids can be a great way to save money. Not only will you find great deals, but you can also find unique, one-of-a-kind items that your kids will love.
Secondhand stores are great for finding gently used toys and clothing that are in great condition. Plus, since most of these items were pre-owned, they cost significantly less than if you were to buy them new.
Plus, if you don’t find what you’re looking for at the store, you can always try online or look through online marketplaces like eBay or Craigslist.
When it comes to secondhand shopping, make sure to do your research first. Look through customer reviews and ratings to see what others have said about their experiences with the store.
Also, check to make sure that the items are in good condition before making a purchase. Shopping at secondhand stores is an excellent way to save money while still getting something special and unique for your kids this Christmas.
With a little bit of research and patience, you can find something that your kids will love!
Read Also: How to get free air conditioner?
Make Homemade Gifts
Homemade gifts are a great way to show your love and appreciation for your little ones this Christmas. From edible treats to homemade crafts, here are 10 creative and budget-friendly ideas for free Christmas gifts for kids!
- Baked Goods – Bake up some tasty treats for the special kids in your life. They’ll love homemade cookies, brownies, cakes, and other sweet goodies.
- Paintings – Get out the paintbrush and let the kids make their own Christmas art! Have them draw or paint a picture to give as a gift.
- Cards – Encourage the children to make their own cards and write personalized messages inside. Homemade cards are sure to be treasured keepsakes.
- Clay Figurines – Gather some air-drying clay and let the kids create their own little figures or sculptures. These can be painted and glazed for an extra special touch.
- Paper Mache Crafts – Make paper mache models and decorations from recycled paper or newspaper. Have the kids design their own creations with glue and paint.
- Knitted Items – If you know how to knit, why not teach the children to do it? They can create their own scarves, hats, mittens, and other cozy winter wear.
- Photo Albums – Collect photos of the children throughout the year and put them into a homemade album. This is sure to be a treasured gift that they can look back on fondly.
- Soaps & Lotions – Gather natural ingredients to make soaps and lotions for the kids. They’ll love feeling pampered with their own special recipe.
- Jewelry – Let the kids create necklaces, bracelets, and earrings with beads, string, and other items. They’ll have fun wearing these unique accessories.
- Gift Baskets – Fill a basket with small homemade items like cookies, cards, and knitted items. This is sure to delight the little ones!
There’s no need to break the bank when it comes to Christmas gifts for kids. With a bit of creativity, you can make wonderful gifts that will be treasured for years to come!
Give Experiences Instead Of Things
The holidays are all about making memories and experiences, so why not give that to your kids this Christmas? Instead of buying them gifts, why not give them something that will last longer – an experience they can look back on and enjoy?
Here are 10 great ideas for free Christmas gifts for kids:-
- Take a family day trip. Visit a nearby museum or go to the beach. Let your kids explore the world around them and create new memories together.
- Have a movie night. Invite some friends over and pick a movie everyone will enjoy. Pop some popcorn, snuggle up and have fun!
- Plant a garden. Get the kids outside and teach them how to care for plants. Watch their plants grow as the months pass and watch their pride in the project build.
- Attend a local event. Check out what’s going on in your area and find a fun event the whole family can enjoy.
- Create a craft or art project. Set aside some time and get creative with the kids. Whether it’s painting, sculpting, or woodworking, it will be sure to put a smile on their face!
- Put together a scavenger hunt. Get your kids thinking and exploring with a fun scavenger hunt. The goal can be anything from finding items around the house to getting a certain number of steps in a certain amount of time.
- Have an outdoor adventure day. Get out and explore nature with your kids! Go for a hike, picnic in the park, or just spend some quality time outdoors.
- Put on a play or skit. Get the kids together and come up with a story. Help them write the script and put on a show for the family – it will be sure to bring lots of laughter and fun!
- Visit a library or bookstore. Let your kids pick out a book and read it together, or just spend some time browsing books and exploring different stories.
- Have a game night. Gather your family around the table for some classic games like Monopoly, Life, or Risk. Play until you get bored or someone wins – either way, it’s sure to be a blast!
So this holiday season, consider giving experiences rather than things. Give your kids the gift of memories that will last a lifetime!
Check If Your Local Library Has A Toy Lending Program
As Christmas approaches, parents are looking for ways to make their children’s holiday season special without breaking the bank. One way to accomplish this is to check if your local library has a toy lending program.
This is a great way to get free toys that your kids can enjoy and return when they’re done playing. Most library toy lending programs are geared toward younger children and usually have a wide selection of blocks, puzzles, and educational toys.
They also often have games and costumes, as well as books, music, and movies that can be borrowed. This is an especially useful option if you have multiple children in the house since they can share the same toys.
It’s also a great way to introduce your children to the library and instill a love of reading early on. To find out if your local library offers a toy lending program, simply contact them or search their website. They should be able to give you all the details you need.
So this Christmas, think about giving your kids the gift of learning by taking advantage of your local library’s toy lending program!
Give The Gift Of Time By Babysitting Or Dog Walking
This holiday season, don’t feel like you need to break the bank to make Christmas special for your kids. If you’re looking for free Christmas gifts for kids, why not give the gift of time by babysitting or dog walking?
Babysitting is one of the best ways to show your love and appreciation to a family member or friend while also giving them some much-needed time to themselves.
Whether it’s taking their kids to the movies or having a picnic in the park, these special moments will be remembered by the entire family for years to come.
Dog walking is also a great way to give back this holiday season. Most dog owners appreciate the help when they’re too busy or tired to take their pup out for a walk.
You can offer your services to friends and family who have dogs and get your exercise in at the same time!
So this Christmas, forget about buying expensive presents and instead focus on giving the gift of time. Your kids will appreciate it and you’ll save some money in the process.
Give A Charitable Donation In The Child’s Name
One great way to spread the spirit of Christmas to children is to give a charitable donation in their name. It’s not only a meaningful gift, but it can also be an incredibly rewarding experience for both you and the child.
Not only will the child feel proud that they have contributed something to help others, but they will also gain a better understanding of the importance of charity. Plus, when you make a charitable donation in someone’s name, it can be used as a tax deduction on your taxes.
There are many different charities that you can choose from, depending on your child’s interests. For example, if they love animals, you could donate to an animal shelter or wildlife sanctuary.
If they are into helping the environment, there are plenty of environmental charities that need donations. You can also choose to donate to a local food bank, a children’s hospital or any other organization that you feel will benefit from your generosity.
No matter which charity you decide to donate to, your child will be thrilled to know that their gift is going towards making a difference in the lives of others. And with the holidays quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to get involved and show your support for a cause you believe in!
Purchase Items From The Dollar Store
When it comes to finding free Christmas gifts for kids, the Dollar Store is a great place to start. With items ranging from toys and games to stationery and home decor, the Dollar Store is filled with options that won’t break the bank.
Plus, you can find many items in bulk so that you can purchase one for each child in your family. Some ideas for items you can find at the Dollar Store include:
- Stickers: Kids of all ages love stickers, and the Dollar Store has a huge selection of them in various shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Board Games: From checkers to classic jigsaw puzzles, you’ll find a wide variety of board games available at the Dollar Store.
- Art Supplies: Whether your kid likes to draw or make craft projects, you’ll be able to find art supplies like markers, crayons, construction paper, glue sticks, etc.
- Books: You can find tons of children’s books ranging from novels to coloring books at the Dollar Store.
- Toys: There are plenty of toys available at the Dollar Store that will bring joy to any kid on Christmas morning.
When shopping at the Dollar Store, it’s important to remember that quality and durability may not be as high as in other stores, so you should check out each item before purchasing.
That being said, with a bit of creativity, you can easily find great free Christmas gifts for kids at the Dollar Store!
Re-Gift Unwanted Presents
Christmas is right around the corner and it can be an expensive time of year. But, that doesn’t mean your kids have to miss out on the joys of presents!
Re-gifting unwanted items is a great way to save money and give kids something special this holiday season.
Have you ever received a gift you didn’t want? Rather than sending it back or throwing it away, why not pass it along to someone who will appreciate it?
Children often love receiving presents, no matter what they are. So, go through your closet or storage room and look for items you no longer use, but someone else might enjoy.
Re-gifting can also help teach children about the importance of generosity and helping others. Explain to them how regifting is a way of helping those who may not have as much as they do.
This act of kindness is sure to make their holiday season extra special.
If you don’t have any unwanted items in your home, look to your friends and family members.
Ask if they have any items their children no longer need or use that could be passed on to someone else. You’d be surprised at how willing people are to give away items they don’t need or want anymore.
Finally, if all else fails, there are plenty of free Christmas gifts for kids available from local charities. Many organizations accept donations of used toys and clothes which are then given to families in need. Consider making a donation so more children can enjoy the joys of the holiday season.
No matter what gifts your children receive this holiday season, making the effort to re-gift and donate will be an invaluable lesson that will stay with them long after the festivities are over.
Christmas is a time of joy, generosity, and celebration. As parents, it’s important to remember that gifts don’t have to be expensive to be meaningful.
With a little creativity and thoughtfulness, you can give your kids wonderful free Christmas gifts that will make them smile. From crafting a handmade ornament to baking cookies together, there are plenty of ways to give the gift of love and appreciation without breaking the bank.
Let’s face it, the best gifts are often the ones that come from the heart!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these gifts only suitable for certain ages?
Not necessarily! Most of the gifts on our list are suitable for kids of all ages, although some might be better suited for older or younger kids. Be sure to read the descriptions carefully before making your selection. These 10 great ideas for free Christmas gifts for kids will make the holidays just that much more memorable and magical, even if your wallet isn’t what it once was. If you need some inspiration, don’t hesitate to browse through our site – we have plenty of other articles on related topics like budget-friendly last-minute shopping tips, money-saving deals at local stores, and even how to build up your child’s savings account over time!
Does my child need to have any particular interests in order to enjoy these presents?
No, there are lots of options that don’t have any specific requirements like hobbies or age ranges, or gender preferences–just good old-fashioned fun things that will make their day!
Will I be able to find these gifts online?
Absolutely! With a little bit of online research, you’ll be able to find plenty of websites and apps that offer free gifts for kids–all you have to do is browse through the selection and choose the ones that catch your eye. You’ll even find some cool DIY projects if you want to get creative and make something special.